Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sorrow

Dear Followers,

Abel Magwich is dead. He was captured in my attempt to get him out of the country and free from the grasps of the law. I had tried to get back to safety in my boat with the help of Startop and Herbert, but it just did not work out. He was spotted by the police and captured. He was then taken to jail and was to be executed for his crimes. I feel badly about all of this because even though he did it for the wrong reasons he did do all of this to help me and I do respect him for that. A bit of information that makes me rest easier is that he died of disease before he could be executed. At least this way he did not suffer too badly.

Your Sad and Humble Leader,
-Pip

Quotes

"He had spoken his last words. He smiled, and I understood his touch to mean that he wished to lift my hand, and lay it upon his breast. I laid it there, and he smiled again and put both his hands upon it."-Chapter 56 pg. 490

"O Lord, be merciful to him, a sinner!"-Pip Chapter 56, pg. 490

1 comment:

  1. Remember that Magwitch died because of the injuries he received during his fight with Compeyson.

    ReplyDelete