Dear Followers,
I have a lot to tell you and little time to tell it. I have recently been to Ms. Havisham's house. She is a old lady whom lives in a large old manor. She and the entire house seem to come from the past and are almost frozen in time. Mr. Pumblechook was the one who first had me go to visit her. He had relations with her and suggested that I go over to play. I arrived there greeted by the most beautiful girl that I had ever seen. Her name was Estella, she seemed to have some relation to Ms. Havisham, but at the time I am not sure what it is. She was very cold toward me and eventually called me "common". I had never come to the realization of that before today, never the less, I loved her. She was all that I could think about even though she had not said one kind thing towards me. Then as the realization hit me, I discovered that I did not want to be common. Also, if I had any chance at having Estella for myself, I would not possibly be able to remain common. I had set out my mind to change this. When I returned home, I was bombarded with questions about this visit and I made up extravagant lies to get out of it. I told these lies until Joe came in and the guilt was too much to handle and I confronted him about these falsehoods later on. He gave me some good advice, and I hope that I will be able to take it.
Your Humble Leader,
-Pip
Quotes
"And then I told Joe that I felt very miserable, and that I hadn't been able to explain myself to Mrs. Joe and Pumblechook who were so rude to me, and that there had been a beautiful young lady at Miss Havisham's who was dreadfully proud, and that she had said I was common..."-Pip,pg. 73, chapter 9
"If you can't get to be oncommon through going strait, you'll never get to do it through going crooked" -Joe Chapter 9, Pgs. 74-75
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment