Dear Followers,
I am disgusted. After finally arriving in London, I found it to be awful. It was nothing that I had imagined. The city was: dirty, dusty, muggy, and altogether bad. I was so looking foreword to having a wonderful new life in London, but this place is not giving me a good first impression. I wish that this city were only half as beautiful as I imagined it, at least that would be bearable. I cannot stand to write about such horrid things. This frustrated me so. I will attempt to make the best of a bad situation. This city had better be nicer than it is now!
Your Frustrated Yet Always Humble Leader,
-Pip
Quotes
"in my general prospect of Life, it had brightened it so" referring to London before I discovered it to be such a filthy habitat. -Pip, Chapter 19, pg.155
"We brittons at that time particularly settled tat it was treasonable to doubt our having and being the best of everything: otherwise while I was scared by the immensity of London, I think I might have had some faint doubts whether if was not rather ugly, crooked, narrow and dirty."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment