Dear Followers,
It seems as if I may finally be able to become the gentleman that Estella will want from me. I know it has been a long time since we have had relations, but I am truly and honestly in love with her as much as I was the day I met her. I will be going to London to go live with another family and I hope that I will meet the secret beneficiary whom I have been informed of thorough Jaggers, my lawyer. Once arriving there with the assistance of Uncle Pumblechook he frequently quizzed me on numbers. This offended me, he could easily see that I had no knowledge of math and would not be able to answer. Along with offending me, it amused me considering that he ran his business in a rather unusual manner(see quote below). I must be on my way now, I have places to go and things to see.
Your Humble Leader,
-Pip
Quotes
"Seven times nine, boy"
-Uncle Pumblechook, pg. 56, chapter 8
"Mr. Pumblechook seemed to conduct his business by looking across the street at the saddler, who appeared to transact his business by keeping an eye on the coach-maker........."
-Pip Chapter 8, pg. 56
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment