Dear Followers,
I am sorry to say that I believe this to be my last post. It grieves me so to have to leave you. Furthermore, I will leave you with a decision to make. You get to decide what happens to myself. If you had not read the papers, Biddy had married Joe. This union is a little on the odd side for myself considering I was on my way to ask Biddy to marry me when I learned of this union. Also, Joe has always been a father-figure toward myself and it seems odd that he would marry a woman whom I wished to. Nevertheless, I am happy for Joe and it gives me great pleasure to see him so happy. I believe he deserves it. Also, they have a son and name him Pip, if only I could figure out where I have heard the name Pip before. Oh well, also, I am a business partner with Herbert in his firm now, which I ironically started for him. One day I had decided to make a visit to the Satis house and Estella was there. She had told me that Drummle had died. I believe we can revive our old friendship and who knows maybe more will come of it. You decide
Your Humble Master,
-Pip
Quotes
"God bless you, God forgive you!"-Chapter 59 pg. 516
"I saw no shadow of another parting from her"-Pip Chapter 59, pg. 516
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you try and cover a little of everything in this last post. I think that this situation for Pip pays off in the end because had he married Biddy, Estella would be out of the question. So, the ending of the book would not be the same at all. Plus, face it, Pip truely loved Estella, not Biddy.
ReplyDelete